Yes I know, I have heard it a lot of times, “Do not take marriage tips from a single person!”…. Bla bla bla😒😒😒😏..no p!!! So here’s the deal, don’t take it from me, but just see me as an instrument through which an Unbeatable Source is reaching out to you. Be you engaged, newly weds, struggling in marriage or even enjoying your marriage…..”it can only get better”
Give it a chance, after reading it and you don’t find anything useful(which is impossible) just comment down below.
I know its not just me who has noticed this horrible trend going on with marriages nowadays. When I say the devil is seriously attacking marriages, I mean full force attacks… And unfortunately even we the Christians who ought to be lights in this times of darkness, are worse off…quite sad but true, and this is because they have refused to go into the source that created this institution we call “Marriage”.
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge.
I don’t know why, but my concern for marriages’ success has been for a very long time, maybe its since the day I heard a preaching on preparing for marriage, and one of the things we were told to do was to ensure one had read about 15 marriage related books(bible based of course) before getting married😀😀😀. Have you?😏
Enough of this rambling, let’s dig into this tips already, In no particular order:
- There is no such thing as soul mates in Christiandom…😒😔😔 yes I know, but get it into your head… This has put a lot of people in trouble.Your soul really does not have a mate. Do not overlook obvious flaws because you think he/she is your soulmate and if you don’t marry that person, you’ll be single forever….Lies.(story for the …..😀😀😉)
- Age maturity might not be so important, but please be spiritually mature.. Mature enough to see God in that guy/girl you want to marry. Not just because you met in church…. Haa!!!!!! no be everything wey dey garage na im be car oohhh!!😔. Spend time with God, grow in His presence, sharpen your ability to discern between those truly with Christ and those who are not. The truth is,being with a man/ woman who is genuinely intimate with God! You truly can’t go wrong. God will knack that person spiritual slap before they can try to hurt the apple of His heart (you😉).
- Its not in men’s nature to cheat on their wives. Ladies and Gentlemen get that notion out of your head. No where in the bible does it state such. You hear stuffs like ” its our second nature, we can’t help it😠😒😒, or “I know my husband will cheat on me, but he will always come home to me🙇🙇🙇”. Ahhh auntyy!!😨 You have chosen to see all the bad examples existing around the world, and base your future on them, because good examples are usually not brought to the open, they are not celebrated as much in this world.. Do a research today, you will see long lasting marriages,with no records of cheating. Men its not your nature to cheat… Ladies stop speaking negative into your future… Speak what you want to see.. Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof -Pro 18:21
- Redirect your expectations back to God. I cannot over emphasize on this point. We expect so much from our partners,their families,our kids and most times get disappointed. It is utter foolishness to forget your partner is but man(flesh). Stop setting yourself up for dissapointments, it has a way of diminishing ones love and confidence in your partner.What is it you want, turn to the One who is the All sufficient, what is the change you want to see in your partner, turn to Him who holds the hearts of Kings in His hand. The king’s heart [is] in the hand of the LORD, [as] the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. -Pro 21:1
- Do not force your spouse to express his/her love the way you express yours. Ever heard of “The five languages of love”? . Find it and read it… I have a summarized version on my blog(check it out) The truth is, we love differently, and if you can’t learn to understand how you and your partner’s love language works, you’ll truly be frustrated, always second guessing each others love, wanting more. A little reading never hurt. It takes more than love to work a successful marriage.. A whole lot of knowledge is required. Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with [them] according to KNOWLEDGE, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. -1Pe 3:7
- Ladies try this formular out.. Respect, reverence, notice, honor,prefer,esteem,praise, love and admire your husband exceedingly…. Hard right!!?, did you ask why?!… Here’s what will happen when you do; this will cause him to in turn love himself ( not what you were expecting right?) See what the bible say . So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. -Eph 5:28 if he cannot love himself, he definitely won’t love you. So simply help him to love himself😀😀
- Ladies set your priority straight.. This is the right order of importance:
- Relationship with God
- Your husband
- Your kids
- Household responsibilities
- Outside ministry
Stop putting your kids before your husband, or your ministry before your husband, or your house chores…. No no no, God first, next in line is your husband (he is your covering)
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. -Eph 5:23
Finally understand that marriage is not a magic ground, the worst and the best of you is revealed in marriage.. If you are still single, give yourself an appraisal. Ask yourself this simple q!… “Would i want to marry myself knowing the kind of person i am?“if you are already married, its still not late.
Understand that Loving God will help you love yourself and once you can love yourself, then and only then will you be able to love your neighbor( wives and children).
Marriage by God’s intent and purpose, was not for you to bear it or tolerate it. It was for you to enjoy it. Work towards having an enjoyable marriage and a welcoming home.
Thank you for reading…. Of course feel free to pen down other tips that could help in the comment section 👇👇
Dont forget to like and subscribe…hugs and kisses😀😀😘😘.