“Discipline is the suppression of base desires, and is usually understood to be synonymous with self-control restraint and control”.
-wiki wiki pedia!😁
Indiscipline is basically the vise versa of the above, meaning lack of self control, restraint or the strength to suppress basic desires…….
Now why on earth have I chosen to write on this topic?😕😕 hmmm maybe because it is the root of so much wrong going on e.g obesity,being broke etc or maybe because I am suffering from it and found a way out, and I thought it wise to share, or at least create an awareness!
I have suffered from indiscipline for a long long time, I always gave myself the excuse that Sagittarians were generally undisciplined ( which I saw online)….Things like” I just want to save some cash for a project… I really want to do it, but then I don’t, today I decide I am going to fast and wait on God, the morning comes and am chewing on some bread and thinking to myself ” some other day I guess”😌😒, or the part where I’m trying to cut down the fatty food intake, but I pass the pizza hut and just have to stop😞😔.”
Indiscipline comes in different ways and affects us in different areas of our lives. The sooner we deal with it the better for us. So here are some basic guides to living a more disciplined and productive life😀🙌 Can I get an Amen!!! Somebody😉😀😁
- Understand its not magic: come to terms with the fact that becoming disciplined is a process, it doesn’t work over night, because you say you are going to be disciplined from today onwards,doesn’t mean its gonna just work … You’ll be deceiving yourself. Its a gradual process, step by step. Rome wasn’t built in a day😉.
- Stand up when you fall: Trust me you will fall!, how much you fall though is totally dependent on you, but you will fall… And it is totally okay👌 dont feel bad, but what’s not okay is staying down on the ground! No no!! that won’t do🙍😕, fall a million times but please don’t stay down…
- Be accountable to someone: yeap! You read right, take for example you trying to cut down some weight, you dont wana find someone struggling as you are, you would rather find a friend/ family member who is totally weight/ eating healthy conscious and is a fitfam, or some one who you totally respect and who cares about you. This is NECESSARY, as there are times when you just CAN’T. You’ll need that extra push or that thoughtful reminder!
- Write it down: its a phycological thing, writing down your goals just has a way of making it more real to you. Write it down in a notepad you carry often, so you can always see it. Like the bible says ” write the vision and make it plain”.
- Believe in YOURSELF: one thing I’ll forever love President Obama for…. The statement he made during his campaign “YES WE CAN” so tell yourself today ” YES I CAN” nothing is ever as difficult as our minds make it. Just believe in yourself and start today to make those healthy plans.
- Trust your God to help you through it: God said with Him every impossible becomes possible, so why not try Him today, go to Him with that area of indiscipline you facing, request for His help…and when He finally is helping you( don’t stop Him) because it might get hard and painful, but it is worth it… Just like the clay experiencing that degree of heat, if it doesn’t break in the fire and makes it through, it will be decorated with beautiful art works and used to carry beautiful things. So be like the clay and let God be your Potter.
Stick to this simple but yet hard steps with consistency and you’ll see your prayer life increasing, your weight reducing, your bank account enlarging… Remember YES YOU CAN!
Thanks you for reading and I hope it works for you,as it did for me… I wrote it with lots and lots of love