Igbo kwenu!!!! Igbo kwenu!!! 🙋🙌🙌🙆🙆 Your girl is ever loyal ohh….and as you can see I am here to rep my peoplesss😀😀 and our delicious methods of cooking soups…
Egusi is actually a Nigerian soup…I am truly not sure of its origin, as different tribes try to claim and make it their own😕😕….. Anyways Egusi is actually melon seeds and is very healthy and tasty, so let’s get right into the pictorial.
- Grinded egusi(melon seeds)
- Already boiled meat,chicken,goat meat
- Already boiled stock fish, and cleaned smoked fish
- Ugwu leaves( melon leaves)
- Cray fish
- Pepper ( using cameroun pepper)
- Maggi and salt
- Locust beans (opeye)
- Red oil.
- Add sufficient water to your boiled meat… It should be almost equivalent to the Size of soup you wish to make… Set it to cook until it boils
- Take your crayfish, clean it up then pour it into your washed mortar and pound, add your cameroun pepper ( very peperish be careful) and also your locust beans and pound it to a smooth paste.
- While waiting for the meat stock to boil, clear out the crayfish paste from your mortar… Pour in your already grinded egusi, add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper and pound.. After pounding.. Roll them into small balls unto a plate
- Proceed to chopping your onions and ugwu leaves
- At this point your stock should be boiling… Put in the egusi balls and cover the pot
- Once that is done add your onion And your crayfish pasteStir it generously, adding your maggi to taste…please if you not using knorr maggi😱😱 repent😍😍😍..knorr Maggi is baeeee
- After putting in your maggi and salt to taste… We then put in our red oil and it should look like so
- Time to put in our stock fish/dried fish/smoked fish whichever works for you… Allow to seamer for a min or 2 and last but not the least put in your vegetables and stir properly
And its a wrap!!! your Egusi soup is ready to eat… Could go with Eba, yam poundo, pounded yam, semovita etc…
I hope this pictorial was helpful..if yes give this post a like and comment if you have a different way of cooking yours or you have a question, I am all ears..😍😍😍😘